- 4.5 mile or 2.4 mile open water swim in the Tennessee River; downstream current with an in-water start and a slightly rocky bottom for both the start and finish. There is NO 1.2 MILE EVENT this year - we now have a 2.4 instead. The water temperature is expected to be approximately 75 degrees.
- 4.5 mile race start
- Swimmers in the 4.5 mile race will meet at Outdoor Chattanooga in Coolidge Park at 6:30 a.m. and be transported to their starting location — Champions Tennis Club and Dock at Rivermont Park, located off Hixson Pike in Chattanooga. The race finishes at Coolidge Park under the Walnut Street bridge.
- 2.4 mile race start
- Swimmers in the 2.4 mile race will meet at Outdoor Chattanooga at 6:45 a.m. and will be taken to their start location.
- Sanctioned by
- Southeastern Masters Swimming for US Masters Swimming, Inc. Sanction #pending.
- Sponsored by
- City of Chattanooga, McCallie Masters Swimming. Proceeds from this event will provide scholarships for the inner city lifeguard programs.
- US Masters Swimming swim registration is required of all participants.
- For USMS members, a copy of your current registration must be presented at packet pickup.
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- Registration and fees
- $55 EARLY REGISTRATION fee from February 1 to March 15. $65 fee March 15 - June 1. Additional $20 one-day USMS license fee required for participants who are not USMS members. Fee is non-refundable.
- Click here for online registration. Online registration closes at midnight on June 2nd, 2015.
- There is no mail-in registration and no race-day registration.
- Online registration closes at midnight on June 1, 2015.
- There is NO mail-in registration.
- There is NO walk-up registration.
- There is NO race day registration.
- Please register online! 😃
- Swimmers must wear the fluorescent swim cap provided.
- The start is an in-water mass start for both races.
- There will be a three hour time limit strictly enforced
- Any swimmer needing to withdraw from the race must wave his/her cap to signal nearby watercraft.
- There will be a pre-race meeting on Friday, June 12 at 5:15 pm at Outdoor Chattanooga to answer any questions you may have about the race.
- 2015 USMS swimming rules will apply. Swimmers choosing to wear a wet suit will not be eligible for awards or official placing in the results due to the competitive advantage wet suits provide. The water temperature is expected to be about 75 degrees.
- Awards will be awarded to First Place Male and Female finishers in each age group. The age groups are 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80-84
- T-shirts will be given to each entrant while supplies last.
- Awards lunch
- The awards lunch will take place immediately following the race at Walker Pavilion in Coolidge Park. Additional lunch tickets can be purchased for $10.00 each.
Note new, more convenient location!
Friday, June 12 5:00 - 7:00pm
200 River Street (in Coolidge Park)
Chattanooga, TN 37405
Special rates available at the Chattanooga Marriott Downtown!
- More information
- 2014 RESULTS
- 2.4 mile by age group: View
- 2.4 mile overall: View
- 2.4 mile (wetsuit) overall: View
- 4.5 mile by age group: View
- 4.5 mile overall: View
- 2013 RESULTS
- 2012 RESULTS
- 2011 RESULTS
- 2010 RESULTS